Old 12-08-2004, 07:39 PM
shazzbat

Default What is this mystery plant? (photo)

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Hello all.

Please can anyone identify this plant which grows in a couple of places
alongside the side path of our house, where it's pretty shady and damp?

The
plant pops up from time to time, in a couple of places, and then dies back
only to reappear a few weeks/months later. I don't recall ever seeing it
flower.

It resembles a large four-leaf clover with a purple patch in the centre,

and
stands about 15-20cm high (6-8" in old money). I have not seen it anywhere
else, and no-one I have asked has been able to identify it. Mind you, that
isn't saying much as they are all as ignorant about plants as I am!

There is a good-quality photo at
http://www.sterry.org.uk/temp/mysteryplant.jpg .

Thanks

--
Rick

It looks like an oxalis to me. Has it got small pink flowers?

If you like it it's easy to propagate from the bulbs.

Steve