Old 12-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Kay

Default netiquette

In article , Fiev
writes
thanks kay - feel a bit more welcome now! not many crocodiles round here so
maybe i need to acclimatize.

fiev

ps (friendly advice - honestly) you really should hide your email address on
NG's, there are lots of programs people use to trawl email addresses from
usenet to use for spam purposes. even if you add something like
it lets people know but confuses the machines :-)

I'm on so many spam lists there really isn't any point! ;-) The bots
have been picking up my addy for *years* - there's absolutely no
pointing in mungeing my address now.
As I said, the spam never reaches me, so I don't have a problem.

More friendly advice - this ng uses bottom (or in-line) posting, and top
posting by the occasional poster messes up the threads. And you really
should post your original pic on a web site somewhere - remember, half
of us haven't seen it yet!
--
Kay