Old 13-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Dave

Default When is best time to spray lawns for clover?

"Andrew G" wrote in message

Follow directions as suggested is best advice. On top of that I've noticed
that when spraying with a broadleaf killer, using a drench option is much
more effective. I was spraying with not a high success rate. Then I

noticed
one brand (Hortico) suggested application with a "hortico sprinkle bar".

Not
having one, nor knowing what it was I decided a watering can would be
similar. I walked at a semi fast pace using a watering can to water the

lawn
with broadleaf killer mix. Best kill rate ever. At work we now use coarser
spray nozzles, with lower pressures for same effect with better kill

rates.
Of course you have to take into accont roots of surrounding plants, and
runoff, and possibly the fact you have buffalo, but on couch it works

great.

Good luck

Thanks Andrew - I think I'll need the luck.

I'll give the drenching method a go on one part of the lawn and the sulfate
of ammonia on another... what could possibly go wrong!

Ciao,
Dave.