Old 13-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Derek E Banks Ba MA

Default Fence Problem

On 13 Aug 2004 10:41:49 GMT, Bill Pritchard wrote:

It isn't disputed that the fence is my responsibility. My neighbour
claims that
he replaced the old one prior to my moving in here. It is a low fence
and to
have some privacy I have stapled a 6ft screen to it. My neighbour says
that he
doesn't like the look of it and if I don't remove it he will take down
his
fence with my screen attached and leave us with nothing between us.
Where do I
stand?
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

Dear Oh dear! Fences can be such a problem with neighbours as I well know.

Some suggestions.

In the short term leave the fence as it is. Then errect a nice screen of
a suitable height well inside your boundary. Try to come to some sensible
resoltion. Consult a legal eagle. Rescue your screening, let him take
down his fence then errect a new one so there is no doubt. Consult the
last owner as to actually errected said fence. Move house! Plant some
nice screening shrubs and wait.

People can be so bloody minded when it comes to this sort of issue. Good
Luck.