Old 13-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default gallon pots

"chaz" wrote in message
are plastic gallon pots readily available from garden centers? i cannot

seem
to locate any. I am looking for standard black 1 gallon pots.

You can certainly call and ask. Since the pots are not recyclable by
municipalities, many nurseries offer pot "exchanges", making the pots
available for reuse to the general public and back to the growers - both of
the nurseries I have been associated with do this, but gallon sized and
larger only. Seems a shame that more nursery pots and those stupid little
flimsy 6-paks and wafer thin 4" pots are not recyclable - while a lot do get
reused, a lot more find their ways to landfills.

pam - gardengal