Old 13-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Hot pepper's not hot??

Deb:

I'm in Rochester, not much different from your area, and everything's weird
this year. My potted cherry tomato plants, growing in full sun all day long,
had 8 billion fruit on the vine as of this past weekend, but only 3 ripe
ones. There were hardly any June bugs (although I don't miss them). The
streams are too muddy for trout fishing, due to the endless rain. But, don't
despair. The best time for removing sod and making a new garden is after a
heavy rain. I'm moving into my new house in 10 days, and will begin digging
within a day or two. Two days before, it will stop raining for 6 weeks. Your
peppers will regain their muscle at that time.

-Doug

"Pepperqueen" wrote in message
Hello!!
I have several varieties of hot pepper's, that are mature now, but just
aren't hot.
I'm wondering if the weather is playing a big part in this factor?? We

live
in Southern Ontario, temperatures are been low 20's ( normal for this time
of the year... 30's ) We have also had a lot of rain, very few sunny days.

started them from seed that i brought this year. last years crop was
excellent, barely any rain, hot days.
My question is: " Could the weather be the problem? " Does anyone else

have
any suggestions or been/going through the same thing?
Thank you!
Deb.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/