Old 13-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Phisherman

Default Hot pepper's not hot??

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:24:32 -0400, "Pepperqueen"
wrote:

Hello!!
I have several varieties of hot pepper's, that are mature now, but just
aren't hot.
I'm wondering if the weather is playing a big part in this factor?? We live
in Southern Ontario, temperatures are been low 20's ( normal for this time
of the year... 30's ) We have also had a lot of rain, very few sunny days. I
started them from seed that i brought this year. last years crop was
excellent, barely any rain, hot days.
My question is: " Could the weather be the problem? " Does anyone else have
any suggestions or been/going through the same thing?
Thank you!
Deb.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/

My personal experience with pepper plants is that they can vary year
to year. I planted peppers labeled "mild" and they turned out "hot."
Green peppers left on the plant become sweeter. I prefer to plant
about a half dozen pepper plants, each a different variety. I don't
mind any of this as they are all tasty. I found better yields from
working in some bonemeal into the soil before setting the transplants.