Old 13-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Kay

Default Lavender

In article , Oxymel of Squill
writes
yep, hack it back as far as you dare and a little bit further, otherwise
next year's will grow on an ugly stump of dead wood

Except that if you cut back into dead wood it may not regenerate. My
neighbour killed a whole hedge of lavender that way.

btw - the convention in this ng is to bottom post. Top posting messes up
the logical order of the posts.

"aka Robbie" wrote in message
How far back can I prune my lavender? I have five plants and all have

grown
to about twice the size I would like them to be. Now that the flowers are
going off would it be ok to cut them right back?

--
Kay