Old 13-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Magwitch

Default Can someone identify this please?

curiosity muttered:

Full marks to Sacha and others who picked magnolia stellata!
The previous owner has finally forwarded me some details of some of the plants
-
amongst others, these were named and you were absolutely right.

She suggests pruning for shape (I don't know how old these are but they've
been
kept quite small for a plant that seemingly can grow to10 feet). Does this
require cutting back older growth to encourage new or can it just be
approached
as a short back and sides?

I believe that you prune internal crossing shoots down to an outward-facing
bud for more light to penetrate and more flowers...