Old 13-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Yngver

Default will small hydrangea grow indoors?

"Pam - gardengal" wrote:

It really needs to be planted outdoors. Many folks successfully grow
hydrangeas in colder climates - you just need to provide adequate winter
protection. There are lots of excellent Internet sites that will provide
very thorough details on how to go about this. Just do a Google search on
"hydrangeas, overwintering".

Thanks. I guess I will have to let it die then because I don't even have much
luck overwintering plants that are supposed to be marginally hardy in zone 5,
much less one that is for zone 7. I have a hydrangea in the garden that is
supposed to be winter hardy here, but it seldom blooms, and I don't have enough
garden space to keep planting things that aren't likely to survive. I imagine
this hydrangea was meant to be sold as an annual.