Old 14-08-2004, 12:45 AM
David J Bockman

Default Seeking IDs of three invaders

# 1. appears to be Clematis terniflora, aka Sweet Autumn clematis.

#2. appears to be Ampelopsis brevipedunculata, aka Porcelainberry Vine (get
some hail damage out your way?)

#3. appears to be Convallaria majalis, aka Lily-of-the-Valley.

Dave in Fairfax

"Charles Packer" wrote in message
om...
Today I'm curious about three plants on my District of Columbia
property, where my only gardening implements since I bought my
house have been shears, clippers and saws.

http://cpacker.org/a1.jpg
This vine seems to be blooming early this year. Both my wife and
I enjoy the fragrant flowers. The leaves are heart-shaped and a
little shiny -- I think that's what made the bluish areas in my
digital photo.

http://cpacker.org/a2.jpg
This vine is mixed in with the first. I like the subtle colors
of the berries.

http://cpacker.org/a3.jpg
These invade a flower bed in which my wife has tried to impose
more structure -- when she has time. Hey, it's her problem.

-- |
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews