Old 14-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Charles Packer

Default Seeking IDs of three invaders

wrote in message ...
Charles Packer had this to say...:
:
http://cpacker.org/a3.jpg
: These invade a flower bed in which my wife has tried to impose
: more structure -- when she has time. Hey, it's her problem.

?? Looks sort of like Lily of the Valley. Have they ever flowered?

Yes, they bore small white flowers earlier in the year, as I
recall. They figure in the only amusing moment during a meeting
with the city yard inspector. He had tersely cited my "whole yard" for
excessive vegetation, so I asked him to visit and be more specific.

If something didn't look "cultivated," he didn't like it. The
abundant clematis and wild grape overhanging a retaining wall
next to the alley, needless to say, drew his particular ire.
Yards must be NEAT, he blustered, and later gestured toward my
wife's half-defunct flowerbed filled with lily-of-the-valley as
a paragon of good landscaping.

--
(Charles Packer)
http://cpacker.org/whatnews