Old 14-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Kay

Default Plants feelings

In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
@stejonda.freeuk.com writes
In message , Kay
writes
fruit is OK, as is milk

though it's not the milk that is the concern but the veal that is
necessary for (cow) milk to be produced

That's not strictly so, is it? You can take some of a cow's milk and
leave enough for the calf. I thought veal production had a whole source
of other worries.

It's impossible to live without drawing some veil over some aspect of
what you are doing. Different people draw the line in different places.
The truth is that as a species we are just too abundant not to have an
adverse effect. That doesn't absolve us from the responsibility to try
to minimise that effect.

--
Kay