Old 13-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Jim Lewis

On 13 Aug 2004 at 10:51, Alan Walker wrote:

snip

However, the best source on azalea taxonomy of which I am
aware is a CD available through El Dorado Bonsai called “Satsuki
Dictionary.”

snip

At $100 you may find the price is steep,

Yup.

Unless I specialized in Satsuki bonsai and had more than the dozen or
so I have in pots (of 4 varieties, plus a Kurume or two) I'd think
that was a LOT expensive just for an ID resource. Besides, of the
1000 plus cultivars listed there, I'd bet less than 20 are even
available in North America -- if that many. And I wonder if it even
mentions the few Satsuki that have been developed in the west.

If there were cultural info (or even bonsai info) that MIGHT make the
price more reasonable -- but I doubt it.

Fred Galle's book will have to do. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests are
like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++