Old 13-08-2004, 08:21 PM
kevin bailey

Some Satsuki have many different flower forms on the same plant but many
more do not. The name Satsuki means fifth moon or fifth month in
Japanese. Most do flower in May but I have one variety (Karenko) that
started then and is still in flower now.

I recently purchased a Japanese volume that has beautiful colour
photographs of approx 1,120 varieties. It is ordered into flower colour
and form and can help with identifying varieties but it is a long and
slow search.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

I think, but am not sure, that one very obvious characteristic of the

Satsuki is many different color blooms appearing on one plant. Maybe
someone on the List can enlighten both of us.

Carol Schroeder
Baltimore Bonsai club

********
********