Old 14-08-2004, 01:32 AM
simy1

(mycroftt) wrote in message om...

I have found that Roma's are particularly sensitive to blossom-end
rot.

http://www.felcopruners.net/catalog.0.html13.0.html

There's lots of other paste tomato seeds available. Check out the
above site - they even have San Marzano's!

San Marzano are no less sensitive than Roma. It's just the type
(paste) which is like that. Incidentally, I never exeprienced BER, and
I used to grow Roma in compost beds. This summer I have a new garden
in sandy soil which I have not had a chance to improve yet, and I grow
San Marzano and five other varieties. What do you know? Some San
Marzano did get BER, none of the other tomatoes did.