Old 14-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Susan K. Wehe

You should have seen the steel building that tumbled over two fences and settled down in
between our two out buildings. The neighbor came over the next day with a tractor to drag
the thing back home.... and no it wasn't a tornado, according to the weatherman, it was
just high winds.

susan, who has lots of rocks and still plays go and fetch the morning after...

Rez wrote:

In article , "tmtresh" wrote:
LOL! when I was a kid, I was usually detailed to cover my
grandmother's garden, and sometimes the next morning my first task was
to go find all the migratory sheets

Why not put big rocks on the corners to hold them down?

Cuz in town, where I grew up, you soon run out of rocks But in a
high wind, some things get up and leave regardless of how many rocks
you have. One day I saw a steel 55 gallon drum BOUNDING thru my back
acreage, leap over my 6' high barbed wire fence, and keep right on
going. I don't think any amount of rocks would have kept a sheet home
in that wind

When I was a kid, we used everything we could find that had some
weight. I remember once I parked the lawn mower along one side to hold
the sheet down!

~REZ~