Old 14-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Susan K. Wehe

I took a 'Master Composting' class in Austin a few years ago and they
recommended cardboard. Anybody know any studies?

susan

wrote:

if the newspapers you are planning thinking of using use 100% soy ink, then
it's ok...but NO colour ads or pages.

cardboard? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! cardboard consists of several layers of
paper GLUED together. that glue would be very detrimental to your compost
and would even kill any worms living within the pile.

From: Jdmst
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 06:54:21 -0400
Subject: composting paper?

Hi Everyone,
I'm about to start composting and I wonder if it is ok to compost paper
such as newspape and cardboard? If you make your own composter, do you
need to raise it off the ground for air circulation?

Also, any pointers to good composting web sites would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John