Old 13-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Karen

In article ,
(John) writes:

Huh. A 19 gallon skippy filter cleans a 1000 gallon pond. Slick! So my
modest 220 gallon pond would be adequately served with a skippy filter
between 5 and 10 gallons in size. That's do-able.

My question now is, isn't the skippy filter a bio-filter, using bacteria
to remove nitrates/nitrites/ammonia? How does it do as a mechanical
filter? That is, does it also remove particulate matter, or do I need
something else for that?

my pond in Houston was 1000 gallons and I used a trash can for my filter,
stuffed it like a skippy and it kept the pond clean with no ammonia or
nitrates/nitrites.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH