Old 14-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Sacha

On 14/8/04 12:09, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

snip Comes back to definition of 'feelings' doesn't it? Does someone
whose
nervous system is shot to hell have less 'feelings' than the rest of us?
Less physical sensation, yes, but their emotions are intact, and their
capacity for distress.

I'm inclined to think it's something to do with the extent to which the
control systems are centralised.

Do you remember there was something written about experiments in this line?
Was it in The Secret Life of Plants? I seem to recall something about a
scientist burning the leaf of a plant with a cigarette and then the plant
was hooked up to electrodes to register its 'reactions'. When the same man
entered the room again there was - apparently - a distinct reaction from the
plant. I may not be remembering this very clearly but it was along those
lines.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk