Old 14-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"redclay13" wrote in message

The lawn and garden stores have dog repellents that are either sprayed or
spread on the edges of the lawn and the attractant posts. They work

pretty
well as does the trichloro type of moth balls. Oils like cinnamon and

such
will work as well. If you by chance see the dog and have your hose handy
spray it.

Not sure this really gets the desired effect - both my dogs and all the
neighbors dogs (who don't roam into other people's gardens, btw) all love
the hose ! They think it's a game, especially in the summer. I fear you
might, depending on the dog, attract them with this idea rather than scare
them off.

Some of the pepper products work - for a while.

Most likely a word with the owner is the best idea. The dog shouldn't be
roaming anyway - and if he / she is straying onto your lawn whilst out
walking with their person/s you might like to remind the owner that dogs are
supposed to be leashed or at the very least under the owner's verbal control
in public places anyway, afaik.

Rachael