Old 14-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Brush hogging with the Old Sears

Used the old (1974) Sears ST16 tractor ( like their Suburban) to do a little
mowing / brush hogging today. It's a tough old brute. First gear in low
range and the 16 hp with heavy duty deck will go through almost anything. I
was into some weeds & briars over a foot tall and the old girl just kept
chuggin away. Gotta change the drag link (tie rod to steering bell) though.
The one I recently put on it was a jury rigged deal, bends aren't right,
and it binds turning left. Makes mowing a little tricky when you are
virtually limited to right turns. I have the original fixed so I can put
that back on - and avoid spending a few thousand for a new one for another
year.