Old 14-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Vox Humana

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I'm in the market for a mower so I have been to every major store in the
area including all you have mentioned. There are plenty of electric

mowers.
Some are cordless. I have never seen an electric mower that is
self-propelled. The Sears website doesn't show one.

OK, I stand corrected. It's been a couple of years since I'd looked. I
know they did exist, but after doing my own search I'm convinced they
don't now.

I did find a couple of articles saying that manufacturers had cut back
or discontinued cordless electrics due to low sales. Maybe that's the
answer.

I did find that there are cordless electric *reel* mowers, which I
didn't know :-).

Yes, I found the cordless reel mowers. Very interesting. I also think that
the Toro iMow may be a good solution for my mother. My biggest concern is
that since she is 76 (but in excellent health) that the whole concept of a
robotic mower may be too alien to accept. She has never figured out how to
use the VCR. I replaced her thermostat with touch-screen programmable
digital model. Every time she need to change from the programmed
temperature, she has to call me to get instructions. She has a great
convection oven but is afraid to use the convection feature for some reason.