Old 15-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Andrew G

"Dave" wrote in message
Some friends were getting rid of 6 lilli pilli's from their backyard and
were kind enough to give them to me.

Unbeknown to me however, they dug them up 3 days before I picked them up

and
also removed all the soil from around the roots - so when I got them they
were in a pretty bad way.

We've replanted them now and given them a really good watering, but they
seem to be getting worse - the leaves are turning brown and starting to

drop
off.

Are the plants doomed - will they come back to life?

Apart from being left out of ground for 3 days, they have the best chance
possible at this time of year.
As others have said, remove quite a few leaves, 2/3s even. Don't over water
it, and if you feel, give a dose of miracle grow or any other liquid fert
that reduces shock.
Don't give up on them yet.
Good luck

Is there something I can do to save them? Maybe some seasol?

If it says it reduces transplant shock, then yeah, try it.

Thanks for any help,
Dave.