Old 15-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:20:04 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

What are the limits you can have a Conservatory or Sun Lounge to a
neighbour's land/property? And does it matter if they own the fence? AND,
does this distance vary from Council to Council?
We are a semi and I am 'thinking' of a Sun Lounge up to my neighbour or as
close as we can. No problem with any dispute with these neighbours as we get
on very well with ALL of them, front, back and side :-)).

Since you're on good terms with them, all the more reason to
jointly seek legal counsel and make sure the i's are dotted and
the t's crossed. Remember, either you or they *will* one day
sell, and the new occupant may be less flexible. That's when you
want the legal situation firmly nailed down in writing.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada