Old 10-08-2004, 05:44 PM
John

In article ,
~ jan JJsPond.us writes:
I don't think that commercial filter is gonna cut it, it is pretty puny,

But.., but... It says, right there in the advertisement masquerading as a
product specification sheet... Oh. I see what you mean.

If you go to my website www.jjspond.us and click on *My filter* scroll to
the bottom, you will find several flower pot filters that have worked great
on small ponds,

They certainly look compact, and if they are anywhere as effective as you
say, they'd be ideal. I wonder what's in'em?

you could hide one behind your waterfall hill, if you
didn't want it at the top or edge.

Building a stone extension to the back of the tower is an option, of
course.

I run a 700 gph pump thru the one I made

Oh? Wow - Now, that would be something to...

(not pictured yet).

Oh, pooh.

I use it on a 1000 gallon
lilypond with 7 large goldfish and now babies.

Hmm... Four times mine's size but with about the same fishload.

I think the skippy filter is overkill in this situation. ~ jan

Unless it can be scaled-down. I should go review
http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

John

On 9 Aug 2004 21:16:25 GMT, (John) wrote:

Howdy, experienced ponders, from Fort Worth. Here's my 220 gallon pond
last year, sans fish:
http://artships.com/fountain.jpg