Old 15-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Larry

Default evaporation rate is worrying me

This is my first post so my apologies if this has been covered in
recent posts. I belong to rec. birds and someone directed me to you.

I have recently put in a small two tier waterfall draining into a
3'x3' "pond" for my feathered friends. Waterfall is about 6-8'
total length. Pond/receptacle part is loosing about 12" of water per
day. In comparison to a pool 12" is a lot but for this small holding
area I'm sure it isn't.

I finally put in a dripper system, running a 1/4" tube underground
with an adjustable mister at the pond end. Too lazy to run the hose
for 20 minutes each day.

I'm 98% sure the pond does not have a leak. Heavy duty rubber was put
in. I think I'm just no used to the evaporation rate and didn't know
what to expect.

Can anyone with a small warterfall/pond feature reassure me that they
too must top up their feature as I am?

Thank you.

Larry
Southern Ontario