Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat" wrote:

Am I missing a cheaper way to do it ?

Yes.
A single pressure cooker/canner is all that you need.
It usually comes with jar tongs.

And of course some jars, lids and rings. :-)

A canner is less than $100.00.

splutter !

I appreciate your advice, really I do - but $100 is quite abit of money
where I come from ! *Quite* abit !

http://tinyurl.com/5oext

I understand money being tight, but pressure cookers are also good for
_lots_ of cooking applications! I use mine all the time.

If you only can in pint jars, you can get by with the smaller one and
it's great for cooking rice, potatoes, yams, pot roast, bone stock.....

I could go on. I grew up with mom teaching me to use a pressure cooker
and it's fabulous.

Hope this helps?

I do recall my mum had a pressure cooker when I was a child. Looking at
that link they do sell for less for the smaller ones, don't they ? Perhaps
when my birthday comes around I should add one to my wish list.

I have a slow cooker that I use - but as I recall the pressure cooker is the
other end of the timescale, LOL !

So, am I to understand that what I would call yer normal run-of-the-mill
pressure cooker - like this one for example http://tinyurl.com/3k6gr I could
can in assuming my choice of jar would fit in ? This one is much more in my
price range. ;-)

Rachael