Old 15-08-2004, 09:01 AM
Jim Webster

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In article , Jim Webster
writes

I knew there was something about permitted development for domestic but

it
wasn't something I have ever had anything to do with. Remember once

seeing a
brick built house being built over a timber and tin smaller building

while
that was still standing

Section 11 restricts greenbelt house extensions to 40% of the original.
This is to prevent people converting gamekeepers cottages to desirable
mansions.

Once upon a time, an assessment was required to remove grade 1
agricultural land from production. I suspect this is no longer enforced.

I cannot be sure but I remember MAFF not that long ago saying that it would
not stand in the way of building on Grade 3, so Grade 1 might possibly still
be covered

Jim Webster