Old 15-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Franz Heymann

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes
I challenge you to design an experiment which would prove that a

plant
has any emotional reactions. The concept is an emergent phenomenon
which can only be described at all in the case of higher animals.

I have quoted one in this thread in a response to Sacha.

You have not. You have quoted a lot of anecdotal rubbish with
exactly zero scientific content.. Not only was the experiment
uncontrolled, it also was not repeated by an independent observer. I
asked for the design of an experiment. which would prove that a plant
has emotional reactions. I did not think it neceaasry to insert the
word "controlled" before "experiment", bur I do so now,
retrospectively. Other "experiments" don't count in this context.

FWIW, I see plants as the highest of beings.

Your definition of "high" in this context clearly differs from mine
and from that of any rational biologist.

Partly because they were
around long before animals, and partly because whereas animals,

There were even more primitive life forms in existence before plants
came on the scene. Why don't you classify them as even higher
life-forms that plants?

including humans, are totally dependent upon plants, plant-life has

no
need of animals - even of gardeners.

Oh dear.
{:-((