Old 15-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Nedra

Hi Ingrid, Please post the link to your veggie filter and the entire pond.
Dale, you should get some good ideas from Ingrid.

Nedra

wrote in message
how are the sides attached to the bottom?
http://puregold.aquaria.net/mypond/2000/details.htm
I worried about pressure of water sideways pushing sides out. so bolted a

wood cleat
to the sides and then screwed it down into the bottom, and on the top

after the liner
was installed put strip on top to prevent top of sides bowing out.
when you start putting plants in you will be amazed how they fill in the

box and hang
over (if you are putting in a variety of plants, not just WH or WL). It

really will
look like a raised garden.
Ingrid

"W. Dale" wrote:
Started building my VG today. Amazing!!, how the best laid plans always
seem to need 'tweaking' as you go along! Long and narrow seems REALLY
long and big now that I have the sides attached to one 8 foot bottom
sections and the other 16 foot section laid out. I decided to use 2X4's
and plywood instead of landscaping timbers. This seems to be a cheaper
way to go for the size of this little puppy: 23.45' X 1.92' and at depth
of 18". I really hope I got this thing right because it looks so big!!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.