Old 15-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Dave Poole

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:56:45 +0100, Jennifer Sparkes
wrote:

Good idea Sacha, please David ...

The problem is that I've already started shifting things about in the
attempt to see where I might gain some extra space. I've also hacked
a leaning Cornus capitata that suffered in the late winter gales, so
its all looking a bit of a mess. Also, my wonderful Pandorea which
has draped itself so gloriously around the back door for the past 6
years caught the worst of those gales and has decided to give up.
Pity because it has been truly magnificent.

However, I planted it in entirely the wrong spot (exposed to the full
brunt of north easterly winds) and I suppose its demise was
inevitable. There's a low, south-west facing wall between here and
next door and I'll erect a tall fence that can provide a much more
cosy home for the next Pandorea together with some contrasting
Passifloras and a rather exotic climbing Bauhinia that is now doing
rather well.

All of this, together with a near total surrender to weeds this year
means that I'd rather not take any pics at the moment and will wait
until I can start clearing the entire site in preparation for the main
work. I've got a few pics taken last year and the year before, which
can be accessed at:
http://groups.msn.com/Torbay-theEngl...ox.msnw?Page=1

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK