Old 16-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Fat Freddy's Cat

atwifa wrote:
Is there any hope of me recovering the situation? I have forked the grass
and put some sand down. If I keep doing this, will the sand work its way
into the clay over time and let it drain more freely?

i think there is hope, yes. a good forking (!) every now and again will
work wonders ... but it's long term. be patient. make sure the sand is the
sharp (as opposed to builders') variety. eventually the clay will break up.
i've done this in a few places where clay seemed intractable, and although
i've had to wait a couple of years - with plenty of forking and sand
spreading in that time - the results have been worth the effort

thats heartening - I was aware it might take a few seasons, but I'll
keep at it - just glad to hear it will eventually work.

Thanks for replying.

g.