Old 09-08-2004, 04:58 AM
W3rdSmyth

Hi James, I live in Dayton, an hour north of you. One of the oldest, if
not the oldest bonsai societies in the US is in your city, and I am a
member. http://tinyurl.com/5wn66 that is the link to the society's
home page.

As for getting stock in your area, and in my area for that matter,
there aren't a whole lot of choices but they can be found. There is a
place here in Dayton that is great for Serissa and Zelkova (as long as
you don't mind overgrown and disorganized!) they have a couple thousand
trees of that type but not a lot else unless you want nursery pots
(which I prefer).

You might want to stop by a club meeting and ask around there during
the meeting, the folks are very friendly and very aggressive about
their bonsai habit!

I'd be happy to gab with you a bit about options more in depth if you
want to drop me a line.

--
W3rdSmyth
W3rdSmyth's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=2731