Old 16-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Applecandy

Default how to figure out what seeds to send to a friend?

Hi all,

I just got back from a trip to Guatemala, and the people in the guest
house I stayed in asked me to send them some flower seeds. However,
since I live in New Jersey, I have no idea what kinds of seeds would
work in Antigua, Guatemala, where the year-round temperature is
basically 60 - 80 degrees with a rainy season and a dry season. I'm
mostly looking for plants that can be grown in a container, and that
would grow well in the climate of Antigua.

How would I go about ascertaining this information? Is there a
website that I could go to, or do I need to have more detailed
information before I can order the proper seeds? The reason I want to
know is because a previous guest once sent these people a few bulbs
from Holland, and none of them ever grew, and I'd like to make sure
that I don't send plants that either won't germinate or will grow
poorly in the local climate.

Any information from some of the experts in this group would be
greatly appreciated!

Applecandy