Old 13-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Roy

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:20:57 -0500, jammer wrote:

===On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 04:55:43 -0500, jammer wrote:
===
===I finally got a pretty good look at the big frog tonight. I couldn't
===see it's feet, but it is about 5 inches long without it's feet. After
===looking at it and then looking at pictures, the only way to tell was
===it's size. It has to be a (young?) bullfrog. It is brown on the
===back,
===green on the head, white on it's chest and yellow around it's mouth.
===Quite a good specimen. So far it hasn't eaten my 3 fish. It looks
===rather thin.
===
===
===Bullfrog update: He is maturing and has fattened up.

We have had a huge bull frog in our pond for a few years now, and a
few nights ago I happened to spot him inside the gazeebo.......I
played the flashlight beam onto him, and he just froze where he was
at, and I was able to round him up. He was quite a handfull. About the
size of a large grey squirrel or half grown rabbit. Anyways we looked
him over a bit and then put him back down and left him go his own way.
LAst night the wife spotted him in the barn setting there catching
bugs under the chicks brooder. When you walk around the pond at night
and he is there and jumps in it sounds like someone threw a brickl in
the water, he makes such a large splash.......
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.