Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 AM
TQ

"nutNhoney" wrote in message
| Many sites indicate to not grow brussel sprouts where cabbage or
| broccoli grew the year before. The same advice is given for other
| vegetables. My current raised beds consist of sandy loam and compost
| about 1/2 and 1/2 and a small amount of vermiculite. Since I'm using
| raised beds and will be fortifying the soil at the end of the season
| with compost, manure, sand, and vermiculite, does this advice apply?

Rotating crops from year to year is a good idea b/c it keeps the soil from
being depleted and inhibits pest populations from gaining a toe hold. In
small gardens, that/s sometimes not practical and/or possible. As long as
you keep amending/enriching the soil and keep after the bugs, you shouldn/t
have any problems.

--
TQ