Old 13-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Robin

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Robin wrote Well my first pond hasn't even been up two

months and I am
planning a second.

We're so proud! ;-)

Your plans sound wonderful and I'm sure the technical
folks on here can answer your questions.

My one concern is that you checked with your town/city
and find out the legal depth allowed for a water feature
in an unfenced frontyard (if yours is unfenced... most

frontyards are). Be a
shame to build such a neat pond
and then find out it is illegal. In our town (jj correct

me if I'm wrong)
anything over 12 inches deep must be fenced.

That's not a problem. One of the reasons I chose this house
was because of the large fenced yard. The whole yard is
fenced with a double gate at the end of the drive, just add
dog; so I was able to get my first ever large dog. I've
been working on the inside of the house for three years and
have just been getting serious about the outside this year.
The columns on the front of the house inspired the idea to
make the water feature look like the ruins of an ancient
greek fountain. While doing the inside of the house I
learned how to do a faux paint technique that looks like
marble, I'm going to eventually paint my columns like that.
I'm stoked, it will be a fabulous looking pond, yet fairly
cheap to construct.

Robin
http://community.webshots.com/user/robinandtami

kathy :-)