Old 16-08-2004, 01:42 PM
escapee

Default Pruning peach tree in summer?

My peach tree gave me 5 bushels of fruit, not counting the fruit which fell on
the ground and was eaten by squirrels. They were fabulous. My problem is that,
there are a few large scaffold arms which have invaded the patio where I put my
greenhouse during the winter. I have to remove a rather large limb. Should I
do it now, or wait till cold weather? Keep in mind, cold weather may never
come, only less light. The ground never freezes here, but..well, I was just
wondering how it would affect the tree if I prune off a large limb now.