Old 16-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Cereus-validus

Dear Candysnapple, for somebody from New Jersey, you ask a lot of stupid
questions.

You should never have said you were going to send them seeds in the first
place. They should be sending you seeds of plant you can grow as houseplants
instead.

Obviously, none of the plants you grow outdoors in New Jersey are adapted
for growing in the tropics.

Send them seeds of plants that you can grow outdoors in peninsular Florida
instead.

"Applecandy" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

I just got back from a trip to Guatemala, and the people in the guest
house I stayed in asked me to send them some flower seeds. However,
since I live in New Jersey, I have no idea what kinds of seeds would
work in Antigua, Guatemala, where the year-round temperature is
basically 60 - 80 degrees with a rainy season and a dry season. I'm
mostly looking for plants that can be grown in a container, and that
would grow well in the climate of Antigua.

How would I go about ascertaining this information? Is there a
website that I could go to, or do I need to have more detailed
information before I can order the proper seeds? The reason I want to
know is because a previous guest once sent these people a few bulbs
from Holland, and none of them ever grew, and I'd like to make sure
that I don't send plants that either won't germinate or will grow
poorly in the local climate.

Any information from some of the experts in this group would be
greatly appreciated!

Applecandy