Old 16-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Stowaway

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in
news:Pw3Uc.322255$XM6.220166@attbi_s53:
Thanks Pam,

Judging from what you say, and the info from the link you gave, poplar gall
seems to be the critter. I'm afraid that the size of tree and number of
branches and the bad infestation, control by pruning is out of the question
so it's a tree that will have to come down.

Thanks again.

These are galls, most likely Poplar bud gall. This is a manifestation
of an insect problem, not a disease. Recommended control is pruning -
removing ALL the galls, as any which remain can further the problem in
subsequent years. If the infestation is severe, spraying is
recommended in early spring before bud break.
This link may help:
http://extension.usu.edu/files/factsheets/poplarbu.pdf.

pam - gardengal

"Stowaway" wrote in message
Our poplar, the only one in our yard has developed growths, usually