Old 16-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48:02 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

J Fortuna wrote:

That said, I've tried it both ways often enough to know that a secondary
blooming can really stress a plant.

I had a large white phal in a 8 inch pot with a considerable
number of leaves. Note the had. I just let it bloom until it
died. This was years ago and I did not realize it was going down
hill but when it quit blooming after 18 months there was no
strength left to live.

I have also heard that you almost never get a secondary blooming if you
cut the spike after Mother's day.

Rob

We have had such a funky summer with cold wet spells interspersed
with very hot days. My phals are re-spiking. I have never seen
this before.
SuE