Old 16-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Theo

Tlsrider wrote
I was just wondering if anyone could give me the names of a few good books for maples. I have a "desojo" and a trident. Thanks........................Rick

New England
Zone 5

how much do you want to spend:-)?
whatever maple has to be cared the same way.. tridents are a little
stronger than palmatum ( deshojo)
the system is the same for all of them defoliating if you need to do
so the year you DO NOT transplant
Trident can stand defoliation twice teh same year or half
defoliation( plucking leaves here and then )
use akadama or granite stone but coarse ( not raunded grains, sharp
edges only ) ... I bought a wonderful one form Corea most probably
,with a coarse 3 -4 mm size pink granite stone sand as soil
the rots system was like a black man hairs and is pushing pushing
pushing
I just transpotted today without bothering the root pad into a
bigger pot a Seigen and ^thesoil was just 4 mm diameter akadama..
I do not put fertilizer on the soiul I use the japanese pellets in
the water tank and water after 1 hour soakin, and I use the same
pellets until consumption EVERY time I water during the growing season
Transpotting and roots cutting is done in spring before budding..out
the structure of the tree is formed and cut after the leaves are
fallen .. and I put cicatrizing paste on thewound.
for maples bible look on Amazone maples or bonsai maples

:
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :