Old 16-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Applecandy

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message news:pV3Uc.19980$mD.2669@attbi_s02...
The previous post was particularly unhelpful. The climate you describe is
much like our zone 10, which includes a lot of coastal southern California,
except for the rain. Many of the plants we grow as annuals are subtropical
in origin and should germinate and do well in that climate, specially in
containers. Impatiens should work, as would morning glories (Ipomoea), seed
dahlias, brugmansia or daturas, heliotrope, pentas and even more common
things like petunias and nasturtiums. Some of these may grow naturally
there, but you could get some more specific cultivars that would be less
common. Avoid sending seeds of our more common perennials - most will
require a period of dormancy that will be non-existant in that climate.

pam - gardengal

Thanks for your advice, Pam, I will look into those varieties as
possibilities.

You are right that the previous post wasn't especially helpful to me,
but the poster seems fairly knowledgeable and I'm hoping that maybe
s/he will be posting a bit more detailed information in response to my
reply.

Thanks for your help,

Applecandy