Old 16-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Charles Francis

In message , Stan The Man
writes
Apropos of another issue raised in this thread, I have fully
investigated my Permitted Development Rights and provided that any
erection is a) less than 4m tall to the apex; b) no nearer the road
than the front of my house; c) at least 5m away from my house; and d)
would not, in aggregate with my other outbuildings, cover more than 50
percent of my garden, I am permitted to erect as many buildings as I
desire -- regardless of how ugly they are, whether they overlook
neighbours' properties,

You are not allowed to take someone's light by building too close or too
high to a neighbours property. The precise meaning of this is not always
clear, but it is a regulation quite separate from planning.

Regards

--
Charles Francis