Old 17-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Emrys Davies

'Marie',

Years ago the RHS correctly diagnosed the soil borne disease which was
decimating my heather garden, by examining samples of soil and plants
which I sent them.

I suggest that you contact them
http://www.puyallup.k12.wa.us/high/r...ct/Contact.htm
with a view to them establishing the cause of your conifers demise.

They may not wish to get involved, but if they do you will be expected
to join the organization prior to them doing such an examination.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"marie" wrote in message

Hello,
Not a very happy post for my first one, but i could really do with

some
help on this.
I have a garden which is situated at the rear of my gable end house.
It is fenced off with fencing that has vertical gaps between lengths

of
wood,
I have lined, all along the inside of the fence with conifers, i done
this three years ago, the conifers have thrived and before they died,
had reached a height of roughly three feet.
The local council came round and sprayed the pavements around my

garden
with weedkiller, within two weeks they were dead.
I am at the moment in dispute with them over this, they are not
accepting responsibility for their actions.
It was too much of a coincidence for them to deny this.
Their first responce was to blame the pea gravel which has been in
place around the base of all of them since the day were planted, he

had
the cheek, (or is it the stupidity) to suggest that the lime had

killed
them.
I am at a loss as to how to prove their weedkiller actually killed
them, and this is the area with which i need help.
I am refusing to accept their childish attitude on this, and i will

not
keep quiet.
I have spent hundreds of pounds on my garden, and am not prepared to
simply write this money off, as the council would like me to do.
So, any suggestions on this would be greatly received, and
appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

--
marie