Old 17-08-2004, 01:47 AM
unknown

In article ,
Susan Erickson wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48:02 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

J Fortuna wrote:

That said, I've tried it both ways often enough to know that a secondary
blooming can really stress a plant.

I had a large white phal in a 8 inch pot with a considerable
number of leaves. Note the had. I just let it bloom until it
died. This was years ago and I did not realize it was going down
hill but when it quit blooming after 18 months there was no
strength left to live.

i have a golden peoker daughter that's been blooming on two spikes since
march of '03. plant seems fat and happy; just grew a nice big new leaf.
one spike has 2 flowers left, *may* be trying to do a keiki thing, and
looks like it might try to branch. the other spike lost its last flower
the other day.

i was going to leave it alone, but reading this is making me nervous, so
i compromised and cut the flowerless spike off (time for Experiments in
Stem Propagation ; am watching the other one. if it tries to branch
a flower spike, i'll cut that branch off, but i want to see what the
itty bitty green things are, to see if they'll develop into anything.

--j_a, fingers crossed...