Old 17-08-2004, 07:43 AM
nambucca

"Temprance" wrote in message
Hi folks. I managed to grow a lot of the giant Blackish Peony Poppy
from Sarah Raven's company. Also some lovely red frilly edged ones as
well. I had the seeds in a packet for over 2 years so was surprised
when they did grow. (Building works stopped me planting.) I had a
wonderful but heavily packed area of poppies. Unfortunately people
have been swiping lots of the heads so I want to dry some to replant
next year but don't know if I can just cut the heads and hang them to
dry or have to wait until the heads are dry. The rate they are
disappearing I will few left. Tia.

Temperance

I have had no trouble cutting my green poppy heads and drying them out in
large paper envelopes