Old 17-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Roy

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:03:26 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

snip
===
===## Free rocks and stones would work.

snip
Free rocks......I sure would love to find some free rocks.Rocks in my
area of the country are as valuable as gold it seems...... The local
garden centers sell rocks. They get $1.00 ea for rocks up to the size
of a softball, and football sized run $5.00 each or more depending on
color and shapes. The rocks I used around my lagoon section of my
pond I brought back from Pennsylvania on a trip I made there a few
years back to make a circular firepit in the back forty for the son
when he was in cub scouts when they used to camp out on our property.
Those couple of rocks would have set me back well over $150 to buy
around here. Since he is now grown, and the rocks did not wear out,
I re-utilized them for the lagoon wall. I just may have to make
another run someday and leave the suitcases at home and bring back a
pickup load of rocks.....even at todays price in gas I would be ahead
in money saved......and I would have rocks!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.