Old 17-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Stan Goodman

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:14:25 UTC, "Garland Grower"
opined:
Is it okay to try Asparagus in East Texas; zone 7-8?

If that means "hot, dry climate", I can only say that here I have wild
asparagus growing around the house, and it is very hard to fight. This is a
plant with stalks about 2mm in diameter, and its only use that I have found
is to be added to soups to give an asparagus flavor. Still, it IS asparagus,
and if it can thrive in this hot climate, in which rain falls (if at all)
for only three or four months a year, domesticated varieties will probably
succeed where you are.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.